November 28, 2023
The government of Ontario has launched the EV ChargeON program to increase the number of public EV charging stations across the province.
The program provides funding for the installation of public electric vehicle (EV) chargers in Ontario communities outside of major cities.
EV ChargeON aims to:
- increase the number of public EV charging stations throughout Ontario to build a more connected network
- make public chargers more accessible and affordable
- encourage more people to switch to EVs
Eligible applicants, located and operating in Ontario, include:
- not-for-profit corporations
- municipal governments
- Indigenous communities, organizations or businesses
- broader public sector organizations